About Susanne M. Alexander
Susanne M. Alexander is a Relationship and Marriage Educator and Coach, who has authored or coauthored over 20 books and couple discussion guides, meets with clients globally through the Internet, and presents dynamic online and in-person courses and workshops. She has been single, dating, engaged, married, divorced, and widowed. She is a child, stepchild, parent, stepparent, and grandparent. All of this has given Susanne a diversity of experience to share!
Susanne M. Alexander (not Suzanne or Susan!), president of Marriage Transformation® is:
- A Trained Relationship and Marriage Educator and Coach
- Certified to provide PREPARE/ENRICH premarital, marriage, and parenting assessments
- A leading authority on character development for individuals and applying character qualities in relationships and marriages for couples; certified as a coach for the Character Foundations Assessment
- A member of the National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education (NARME)
As a Relationship and Marriage Educational Coach, Susanne brings you:
- Compassionate listening
- Helpful suggestions and educational tools and resources, many with a spiritual perspective
- Systematic relationship and marriage preparation and marriage strengthening
- Assistance with making excellent choices for your relationships and marriages
- Help with increasing the love and unity between couples
Susanne is author or coauthor of many books, materials, courses, articles, and more that empower people in self-preparation, relationship, marriage preparation, marriage, or parenting. See the Marriage Transformation® Shop for some of them. Susanne’s books have reached a global audience and are available in online bookstores around the world.
Susanne is also a journalist, writer, and editor and has a BA in Communications from Baldwin-Wallace College in Ohio. Her over 200 articles have been published in Marriage Partnership, Strengthening Marriage, Newsweek Japan, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer, Crain’s Cleveland Business, and Massage Magazine among others. She has been quoted or interviewed as an expert in over 70 media outlets (See In Media). She has been a contributing columnist to www.bahaiteachings.org, www.bahaiblog.net, www.bettermarriages.org, www.simplemarriage.net, and www.parentsconnect.com.
Susanne’s books and materials include many expert sources and often interfaith sources as well, particularly about character. Coaching often has a spiritual component, although it is customized to the clients. Susanne is a member of the Baha’i Faith, which respects all religions and those walking different spiritual paths. She has pioneered relationship and marriage education based on the Baha’i teachings since 2003. Her service website for Baha’is is www.bahaimarriage.net.
Susanne is married to Phil Donihe, and they live near Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA. She is a photographer with a keen eye for beauty and nature. Some of her photos are visible and available for use and sale at: