If you want to be sure we are a good “fit” for relationship and marriage education and coaching, please schedule a 30-minute free consultation!
Write me at email@example.com or call +1-423-599-0153 (US Eastern time).
“We are very excited to plan the future and start our life together. Our coaching sessions helped us tremendously to get to this point, and we are both very confident in our relationship.”
“Yesterday surfaced unfinished business. It is with me every single day. It visits quietly at times, some of it stalks me every day and keeps me looking over my shoulder! Other stuff gets triggered and suddenly leaps on me, seemingly out of nowhere! Do I really want to dig it up, lift it out of the hole of self, and get rid of it?” [He chose to tackle it with coaching accompaniment and went on to a happy new marriage.]
“I’m really, really content and excited with the direction my life is going. I have such gratitude for both the happy moments as well as the tests! Thank you for continuing to be a listening ear and a source of encouragement on this journey of mine!”
“Thank you for being patient and so lovingly giving us messages and assignments.”
“Thanks Susanne for recognizing what we needed today and helping us find our way back to each other.”
I am a passionate advocate for healthy and happy individuals, relationships, and marriages. These are the foundation for a united and happy family and community. Marriage preparation and relationship strengthening are key elements in creating healthy marriages and preventing divorce. Once a couple is married, I offer “tune-up” assessments, coaching, and skill-building at all stages to keep couples connected and unified.
Education and coaching sessions are a relationship of trust between the client(s) and me, and I do my best to earn that confidence. Our video sessions are a mutual consultation process, with dynamic listening and sharing throughout and as needed in between meetings by text/email. I accompany people who are willing to be leaders in their learning process, providing them with insights, suggestions, encouragement, and resources for understanding and growth.
I expect that clients will carry forward with agreed actions in between sessions. I write and share my books and materials with clients as learning tools (see the Shop page on this website), and I also draw on materials from well-known experts in our work together.
My extensive client and course delivery experience, as well as my substantial life experience, guide us through relationship or marriage needs and challenges, and we will celebrate successes together.
- Would you like to discover your inner gems as well as learn and grow what you will bring to a relationship?
- Do you want to increase your confidence about moving toward a partner and a commitment to marriage?
- Is it important to you to be prepared for being in a healthy and happy relationship?
- Would you appreciate having a partnership that makes both of you feel alive and happy?
- Are you interested in learning the knowledge and skills to be successful and unified with each other?
- Are you ready to grow individually and together?
Note: As needed, there can be some parenting or family coaching included.
Do you want a fulfilling life and a couple relationship full of vitality?
My education services are aimed at building knowledge, understanding, and skills. They assist people with personal and relationship growth and development. I specialize in guiding individuals through character/virtues understanding and growth, something that links to personal and relationship happiness. As you learn new couple and communication habits and skills and grow as individuals and as a couple, it becomes possible to create a life of respect, love, and vitality. There is hope for a new future!
What I offer: I accompany your learning process with assessments, books, study materials, reflection and consultation guides, videos, online development courses and tools, and video meetings. Materials often include spiritual principles and perspectives; if you follow a particular faith and wish that included, please indicate this at the beginning. Sometimes clients appreciate accompaniment in aligning their words, actions, and lives closer to their beliefs.
What I don’t offer: This is not psychological counseling or therapy. I do not work with people who are in active addiction, infidelity, violence, or abuse. If you have serious issues from your past that have not been effectively addressed, such as abuse or violence, this also requires a therapist. Sometimes I can refer people to professionals and resource materials, but I am not able to help with these issues.
My expectations: You are willing and able to engage in learning and making changes. You will invest regular time in self-reflection/growth, couple study, and discussions, as applicable to your circumstances. You will complete the agreed assignments as promptly as possible. You will advocate for and collaborate for your well-being and that of a relationship and relationship partner. You will honestly look at what is going well and what needs to be improved and focus on developing new behaviors. You will communicate with me about your progress by email, text, phone, video, or a provided online system.
Encouragement: Transforming yourself and your relationship is not simple or easy, although improvements can begin immediately. It takes commitment, courage, and perseverance over time to make progress with new behaviors. Your efforts directly affect the quality of your future. Affirmation and encouragement are part of coaching.
If you are ready, then let’s get started! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
If you aren’t yet certain whether this is for you, please book a free 30-minute consultation to determine whether to work together.
Some Details on Services
I work with Individuals and couples before and after marriage.
- Character/virtues assessment and development
- Relationship self-preparation
- What’s important to you in a partner and why
- Expectations of relationships and marriage
- Friendship skills
- Clarifying dating and courting values and practices
- Transitioning from divorce or the death of a marriage partner toward a new relationship
- Examining and freeing from limiting beliefs about self and marriage
- Relationship and marriage readiness assessment
- Character/virtues assessments and development
- Marriage knowledge and skill-building
- Knowing each other’s character and personality
- Sexual behavior and agreements; chastity; abstinence
- Exploration of marriage expectations and your fit as a couple
- Understanding common beliefs and values
- Relationship with parents and extended family
- Behavior that shows the ability to sacrifice and be of thoughtful service to a partner/family
- Couple prayer/spiritual activity patterns and commitments
- Activities and interests in common
- Developing a common vision of what you want to create in your marriage
- Marriage well-being and skills assessment and tune-up
- Character assessments; character development
- Couple skill-building (based on science and faith-based sources as requested)
- Ways to increase family unity and connection
- Excellent for couples just beginning marriage or who have young children and want a strong marriage at the foundation of the family
- Transformational for couples who have been married for a while and who want to improve their relationship with new knowledge and skills and who are willing to make changes in their behaviors and interactions
Note: Seriously challenged couples generally need a marriage and family therapist rather than educational coaching. Some of the books and online courses Marriage Transformation offers may be helpful, however, in addition to you seeking a therapist for help. Sometimes a referral to a counselor is available.
- Sessions are generally scheduled for 1 hour at an agreed rate per hour; I leave time available for any session to run longer as needed and wished; sessions are then invoiced for the actual amount of time spent. Note: The hourly rates include session preparation, a full hour of meeting time, and follow-up and between-session communications. If a client needs extensive time outside of a session or personalized materials created, there may be a charge.
- Assessments as needed and agreed:
- Character Assessment and 2-hour Insights Session: $420/per person
- Prepare-Enrich Relationship or Married Couple Assessment: ($150/couple) consult with Susanne (takes about 45 minutes to do individually; result is a couple’s report and a facilitator’s report; clearly shows the strengths of the couple and the areas where attention is needed; learning assignments and couple’s coaching follow – see Sessions section above)
Materials and Books: Some of my books for individuals or couples may be assigned to support your learning (see the Shop section). They will be invoiced when provided.
Payment Method: Assessments, sessions, and materials are invoiced via PayPal after they occur and materials have been provided. You can pay through a PayPal account or bypass it and pay with a credit or bank debit card; an account is not required. Note: Payment is due upon receiving the invoice.
Exceptions: Costs can at times be lowered in cases of hardship if discussed and agreed with Susanne ahead of time. There is no insurance reimbursement possible.
To Begin Services
I look forward to working with you. Please send an email to me at email@example.com with a request and brief description of services needed. I will provide a client information form to complete and arrange for an initial assessment or appointment. I do my best to respond within 24 hours. If you do not hear back, there may have been an internet issue, so please reach out again. If you need service faster, please call or text 423-599-0153 (US Eastern time).
Client Memo of Understanding (August 9, 2021)
Susanne also works in partnership at times with her husband, Phil Donihe. Phil has 30 years of experience in coaching people for excellence in their character, work, and family life. He also offers assistance to men around being good husbands and about their relationships with their fathers. Phil is certified to offer the Character Foundations Assessment™ (CFA) and the Innovation Strengths Preference Indicator® (ISPI™). Phil also offers business consulting services through his company, Innovekt Inc. To reach Phil Donihe directly, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via cellphone at +1.423.667.7588.
The Character Foundations Assessment (CFA) is a validated assessment that provides an in-depth look at your strength in 22 virtues. It is wise for individuals to have many character strengths prior to being in a relationship or marriage. It is wise for couples before marriage to thoroughly know each other’s character as part of what maintains couple harmony and vitality and as a foundation for parenting. This is not easy, and this assessment can help. For married couples, the CFA can identify where applying strengths can benefit the marriage and family and where developing qualities can contribute to healthy, loving interactions. Contact Susanne and Phil for your assessment and insight session. More details are here.