Every family has a different culture and ways of staying connected and unifying your family will be unique. My husband and I don’t have children at home, so our mornings generally begin quietly with each other. We usually pray and eat together and ensure we know how to support each other for the day. We check in with each other through text messages or phone calls when there is an important update, changes in plans, or a need just to say hello and catch up. All of this keeps us connected and unified. What works for your family? Below are some general tips that may help you focus on keeping your family unified.
Think of constructing a building and compare it to your family. Marriage is one of the foundation stones. The mortar holding the bricks of each of you as individuals together with each other is also a vital component. The pace and content of your lives may often seem to loosen the connection between you instead of solidifying it. Here are some possibilities to consider that will strengthen the bonds instead:
1. Say good morning in a positive tone of voice
2. Hug each other before parting for the day; greet each other lovingly when seeing each other again
3. Text or email each other with a few positive words that show you are thinking of each other; if there seems to be misunderstandings from brief communications, call each other or speak in person
4. Have all-family meals a few times each week
5. Share a spiritual connection, whether it is prayer, worship, or an uplifting quotation
6. Confide what issues you are struggling with at home, school, or work, and ask for insights and ideas from each other on how to handle them
7. Look for and affirm the best you see in each other and the efforts you are making
8. Do spontaneous acts of service for each other
Character Coaching Note: Loyalty to your family means that you guard each other’s back and protect each other from harm of all types. The hurt to one of you, is hurt to all of you. Loyalty means that you honor, belong to, support, and remain devoted and faithful to your family.
NEW: Need some assistance with making unified decisions in your family? Build your knowledge and skill with Couple Consultation with Deciding in Unity, now available in many formats for your favorite eBook reader through many online book sellers. Also available as a paperback from Marriage Transformation (https://marriagetransformation.com/shop/deciding-in-unity-books/) and Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Deciding-Unity-Practical-Practically-Everything/dp/1940062004/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410895027&sr=1-1&keywords=deciding+in+unity) .
PLEASE POST REVIEWS: It is a gift for us to have you post reviews of our books on Amazon, Chapters-Indigo, or other booksellers. Reviews help other buyers to see the value in the books and how they can make a difference in their lives. Thank you! Note: You can see all the Marriage Transformation books on Amazon together at Susanne M. Alexander’s author page: http://www.amazon.com/Susanne-M.-Alexander/e/B002BMGM6Q/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1